Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Meet the Amateur Bakers - Laurie from Food is Beautiful

How long have you been baking?
As long as I can remember! When I was little, I would stand on a chair at the counter and watch my mother. I always loved helping to decorate the sugar cookies for Chanukah.

What is your favorite thing to bake?
I love baking cakes with rich fillings and frostings.

What is the most challenging thing you've ever baked?
I’d have to say the guitar birthday cake I made for my daughter’s six year old birthday party.

What is your favorite ingredient?
Butter! But bacon runs a close second.

What is your favorite cookbook or recipe resource?
Currently it’s Dorie Greenspan’s “Around my French Table”. I’ve been making my way through it with the other members of French Fridays with Dorie blog

Do you have a blog? If so what is the URL?
Food is Beautiful

How long have you been blogging?
I started blogging about motherhood almost nine years ago.

What is the one baked good you're know for or would like to be known for?
I suppose it would be my cakes

What will you be baking for Cupcake Camp?
Chocolate Nutella Cupcakes with Banana Buttercream

Feel free to include any additional information about yourself, your baking, your favorite baking story, etc
Here are pictures of a couple of my birthday cakes

No comments:

Post a Comment