Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Meet the Amateur Bakers - Cara

How long have you been baking?
As long as I've been eating

What is your favorite thing to bake?
Regular ol' chocolate chip cookies. Can't beat the dough! Unless you add oatmeal, of course. I'll go with oatmeal chocolate chip cookies.

What is the most challenging thing you've ever baked?
Probably the chocolate cupcakes with champagne buttercream I made for a friend's engagement party. Sounds easy enough, but I'm very picky about my chocolate cake and wanted to get it just right. (There's a lot of not-very-good chocolate cake out there.) If you asked my husband, he'd say the Bailey's chocolate mousse cake we made for St. Patrick's Day one year. This was before we owned a stand mixer, and the poor guy went through a tough workout whipping that mousse!

What is your favorite ingredient?
chocolate

What is your favorite cookbook or recipe resource?
Epicurious and Eating Well

Do you have a blog? If so what is the URL?
Cara's Cravings

How long have you been blogging?
4 years

What is the one baked good you're know for or would like to be known for?
The brownies I make for Passover, which are made with almond meal instead of flour - they're incredibly rich and delicious. Not only the best Passover brownie ever, but quite possibly the best of any brownie, ever!

Are you on Twitter? If so, what is your Twitter name?
@carascravings


What will you be baking for Cupcake Camp?
Bailey's Mint Chocolate Chip (mini) Cupcakes

Feel free to include any additional information about yourself, your baking, your favorite baking story, etc
Fitness and healthy food are staples in my life, and most of the recipes on my blog are original, healthy recipes utilizing wholesome, clean ingredients and bold flavor combinations. I love to eat, and it's my mission to show the word that eating healthfully doesn't need to be boring! But, I also have a huge sweet tooth - probably the biggest one you'll ever meet. When I bake, I don't mind going all out with real sugar, butter, etc - but I only do it on special occasions, when I have the opportunity to share with others. This is why I'm happy to be participating in Cupcake Camp.

No comments:

Post a Comment