Friday, May 11, 2012

Meet the Amateur Bakers - Colleen from What's Baking in the Barbershop?

How long have you been baking?
Since I was little! I loved to bake in the kitchen with my mom and sister when I was young. And now I’m nearing 30…

What is your favorite thing to bake?
Cookies or cupcakes! That’s a tough one.

What is the most challenging thing you've ever baked?
The most challenging thing I’ve baked wasn’t really a thing, but an experience! I was making three different kinds of cupcakes and baking/decorating several dozen sugar cookies for a friend’s bridal shower. The recipes themselves weren’t difficult to make, but I took on quite a lot for just one person to do in my tiny little kitchen in one day!



What is your favorite ingredient?
For baking, it’s chocolate chips.

What is your favorite cookbook or recipe resource?
I love Cooking Light – the magazine and website.

Do you have a blog? If so what is the URL?
What's Baking in the Barbershop?

How long have you been blogging?
2.5 years

What is the one baked good you're know for or would like to be known for?
I have become “known” for my cake mix cookies. Every baker needs a go-to, shortcut recipe, and cake mix cookies are mine!

Are you on Twitter? If so, what is your Twitter name?
@BarbershopBakes

What will you be baking for Cupcake Camp?
Oreo-stuffed chocolate stout cupcakes with kahlua cream cheese frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment