Friday, May 11, 2012

Meet the Amateur Bakers - Liz from EatingPlaces

How long have you been baking?
I’ve been baking with my mom and sister since I was very young

What is your favorite thing to bake?
Toll House Chocolate Chip Cookies are my favorite. I love to eat half the batter before I bake them and they’re easy to share.

What is the most challenging thing you've ever baked?
Sourdough bread using my own starter. I tried to make it work for so many days, but in the end I had a terrible hard clump of “bread”



What is your favorite ingredient?
I love coconut and vanilla for baking.

What is your favorite cookbook or recipe resource?
Nigella Lawson has the best baking recipes. When I cook I rarely use a recipe – I open my fridge and use what I see!

Do you have a blog? If so what is the URL?
EatingPlaces

How long have you been blogging?
A little over four years (some as a travel blogger, others as a food blogger)

What is the one baked good you're know for or would like to be known for?
My aunt’s banana bread (I add chocolate chips) – but it’s her recipe, so I’d rather she be known for it!

Are you on Twitter? If so, what is your Twitter name?
@EatingPlaces

What will you be baking for Cupcake Camp?
I will be baking tres leches cupcakes

No comments:

Post a Comment