Thursday, May 17, 2012

Meet the Amateur Bakers - Jade from Wicked Sweet Creations

How long have you been baking?
I began to enjoy baking at a young age. I loved the anticipation of my sweet creations and making a big mess in my parent’s kitchen. However only in the last few years after being inspired by a friend did I begin to really focus on baking and cake decorating.

What is your favorite thing to bake?
Cupcakes. They can be spur of the moment magic or very detailed little works of art. I love creating new cupcake flavors inspired by someone’s favorite candy bar, gourmet dessert and my absolute favorite is making cocktail inspired cupcakes. Best of Both Worlds!

What is the most challenging thing you've ever baked?
A multi tiered fondant covered birthday cake that I made last weekend. It was my first attempt at a multi tiered fondant covered cake and I was literally exhausted when dropping it off to the party on Sunday morning. I had wonderful reviews of the cake – design and taste which eased my tired arms.

What is your favorite ingredient?
My favorite ingredient is Honey. It is such a delicate yet wonderful taste.

What is your favorite cookbook or recipe resource?
I pull recipes together from multiple locations but my favorites are from by old Betty Crocker cookbook and epicurious.com. I usually take the cake section from one recipe and the frosting recipe from another and then add a little bit extra to really push the envelope of the recipe.

Do you have a blog? If so what is the URL?
Wicked Sweet Creations

How long have you been blogging?
Not very long and the blog is under a total redesign.

What is the one baked good you're know for or would like to be known for?
My cupcakes – My Pink Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream!

What will you be baking for Cupcake Camp?
Pink Strawberry Champagne Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream and Carrot Cake Cupcakes with White Chocolate Cream Cheese Frosting.

Feel free to include any additional information about yourself, your baking, your favorite baking story, etc
My name is Jade Giacoppo resident of Somerville (Union Square area). I love baking, face painting, and party planning. I love being able to create a sense of magic and awe to a child or adult. I can take an idea and make it come to life. My blog that is under construction will be for party planning, cupcakes and face painting services for both child and adult parties, private and corporate events.

1 comment: