Saturday, May 12, 2012

Meet the Amateur Bakers - Sara from Chompzone

How long have you been baking?
I’ve been baking for more than a decade.

What is your favorite thing to bake?
Cupcakes – of course!

What is the most challenging thing you've ever baked?
I recently had to give up gluten for health reasons. Gluten free baking is challenging but with persistence and practice, I’ve learned to master the different flours.


What is your favorite ingredient?
High quality vanilla and chocolate – it makes a huge difference!

What is your favorite cookbook or recipe resource?
I love anything written by Julia Child and Erin McKenna (author of Baby Cake cookbooks and owner of the bakery by the same name). I’m also a huge fan of the blogosphere and Epicurious.

Do you have a blog? If so what is the URL?
www.chompzone.com

How long have you been blogging?
I’ve been food blogging for about 4.5 years.

What is the one baked good you're know for or would like to be known for?
Definitely cupcakes.

Are you on Twitter? If so, what is your Twitter name?
@saranoonan

What will you be baking for Cupcake Camp?
Gluten Free Shirley Temple cupcakes. When I was growing up, my grandmother used to take my brother and I to a restaurant that served Shirley Temples. We’d always order them with extra maraschino cherries. When I discovered they could be made in cupcake form (and gluten free to boot!) I was ecstatic. The best part is you can’t even tell they’re gluten free!

No comments:

Post a Comment