Saturday, May 12, 2012

Meet the Amateur Bakers - Jack

How long have you been baking?
All my life. I started cooking and baking with my Mother over 40 years ago.

What is your favorite thing to bake?
Chocolate Chip Cookies. I have many variations with “secret ingredients” as my family calls them.

What is the most challenging thing you've ever baked?
Anything from my Mother’s recipes. I’ve never been able to match her cooking.



What is your favorite ingredient?
Vanilla… I almost always use more than a recipe calls for.

What is your favorite cookbook or recipe resource?
The internet... Blogs have been my greatest source of recipes and inspiration.

Do you have a blog? If so what is the URL?
Not yet... Haven’t had the time that it takes to really blog.

What is the one baked good you're know for or would like to be known for?
We’re back to my cookies... My own recipe for chocolate chip cookies… it’s a secret… but I share it... LOL

What will you be baking for Cupcake Camp?
Chocolate cupcakes with chocolate buttercream frosting… and Vanilla cupcakes with vanilla buttercream... It is my first time at camp so I thought I would stay classic.



Feel free to include any additional information about yourself, your baking, your favorite baking story, etc
I am a 50 yo father of 3 grown boys, I have always cooked and baked for my family. I am also a professional Firefighter and enjoy cooking for my guys at the station.

No comments:

Post a Comment